The Global Livestock Environmental Assessment Model (GLEAM) is a spatially explicit life cycle assessment model for the livestock sector. Using input data on herd, feed, and manure management, it calculates GHG emissions for livestock supply chains (6 species) using an IPCC Tier 2 methodology. Model outputs include:
- Livestock numbers and distribution
- Production and management data on manure
- Animal feed rations (composition and quality)
- Livestock commodities production
- Greenhouse gas emissions from each stage of production and emission intensities by commodity
A simpler, excel-based version of the model (GLEAM-i) is also available. The website provides whole site translation is several languages.
FAO, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: Rome, Italy